Monday, September 15, 2008

Creativity

Between drawing, writing poetry and composing original music, I’d say I’m pretty creative. I aspire to be like my favorite artists including; Vincent Van Gogh (The famous artist that painted many works including ‘Starry Night’), Edgar Allen Poe (Famous for short stories like The Raven and Tell Tale Heart), and John Williams (A musician who composed movie sound tracks for movies such as Jaws and Star Wars). Creative subjects like these have been inspiring me since I was young. I started practicing cello when I was 5 and have continued that throughout elementary school and middle school. I began composing in 7th grade when we had an assignment to compose a piece of music for my orchestra class and found out I enjoyed it a lot. I started drawing even earlier and have been honing my drawing and sketching skills for as long as I can remember. I still have a lot of improving to do, but, at the moment, I aspire to be an artist one day. Writing is a newer love of mine that’s been mostly a stress reliever. I use short stories and poetry to conserve the moment in time that I wrote it so that I can reflect on in the future. So between music, writing and drawing, creativity has played a major role in my life. I’m affected by it every day and it helps me to describe who and what I am.

2 comments:

molly b said...

wow you write your own music! thats so cool and im really jealous. being creative will help you so much later in life

Kelly Peterson said...

i think its insane that you've been writing for so long! music is the other half of my life and i think it is so cool for you to be that involved!! i hope that takes you far, i know it will. great page!!